Director, Email Marketing
FBOMB and KetoLogic are two brands committed to changing the way the world approaches nutrition through a low carb, high fat diet called the ketogenic diet.
Reporting to the CEO, the EVP, DTC & Ecommerce, the Director of Email Marketing will drive customer acquisition, retention, and engagement through the email marketing channel.
As the owner of one of the most important marketing and growth channels in the company, you will be responsible for email acquisition strategies, email content such as flows and campaigns, and the health and integrity of the channel, including deliverability and KPIs.
- Own the email marketing channel, leading and directing the work of email coordiantors, creatives, agencies, and freelancers to build a best-in-class email system.
- Set and drive email acquisition and marketing strategy to meet aggressive departmental targets, improving channel ROI, AOV, and LTV through a sustainable email marketing program.
- Develop a strategic and comprehensive email segmentation strategy to ensure we are collecting the data we need to send the most relevant email content and offers possible.
- Optimize email channel to ensure strong email deliverability, remaining on top of trends and changes in email algorithms.
- Compile and analyze email performance data and make recommendations to existing channel managers based on the outcomes; ideate and implement a sophisticated A/B testing strategy to identify opportunities for optimization. Make data-driven decisions about the channel, such as email frequency, creative direction, segmentation etc.
- Develop an email communications calendar for different email segments to support the marketing campaign and promotions calendar, the customer lifecycle marketing program, and any other marketing initiatives.
- Manage customer lifecycle marketing via email, working with Retention and the rest of the Ecommerce team to develop flows and optimization plans for each segment.
- Develop and apply a deep understanding of mobile marketing trends and mobile email optimization to the channel
- Manage the email development process from the ground up, from campaign and flow planning to creative to execution and reporting.
- Work with content writers, direct response copywriters, graphic designers, and campaign managers to deliver “just in time” education to customers and leads based on their customer journey.
- 3-5+ years of experience in a strategic email marketing role, preferably with high-growth ecommerce brands.
- 1-2+ years of leadership experience
- Proven track record in implementing and scaling complex email marketing programs and campaigns
- Experience working with complex email service providers and CRMs (Klaviyo preferred)
- Previous experience with HTML and content management systems
- Comfortable with marketing analytics and data tools and platforms, and MarTech
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage cross-department communication.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Creative. You’re a data-driven creative. You understand marketing psychology and have an intuitive sense of great, high converting creative, but you love to perform A/B tests to get down to the truth.
- Orchestrator. You orchestrate teams and resources to move projects forward on a deadline, making sure all of the moving pieces are in place, and getting the best out of people while you do it.
- Behavioral: You understand consumer psychology, the customer lifecycle and human behavior. You know what makes things “stick”.
- Hustle. You move with a sense of urgency. You’re scrappy and resourceful. You thrive in environments in which you have to “make it up as you go”. You can stretch resources and come up with solutions.
- Strategic. You’re okay with putting forward disruptive questions and points of view for the greater good. You’re relentlessly curious and continuously pulling at threads to find the best answer, weighing both short-term and longer-term implications of any decision to consider the interests of all stakeholders.
- Systems Oriented. You’re driven to systemize everything. You know that mistakes aren’t failures if you learn from them -- and then bake the learnings into the playbook so they don’t happen again.
Location: Durham, NC or remote
Salary: We pay top dollars for top talent. We’ll consider your experience and everything you bring to the table to offer you a competitive salary.
Health: We offer company health (medical, dental, vision) insurance plans
Retirement Planning: 401(k) with company match
Paid Time Off: Paid vacation! Paid holidays! Paid sick days!
Paid Parking: If you work at our downtown Durham location, you’ll get a monthly pass for parking. If you occasionally park downtown, we’ll reimburse you for parking expenses.
Cool Digs: Modern and sleek open-floor office on the top floor of a downtown Durham high-rise (with amazing views)!
Super Flexible Work Hours: Come and go as you please as long as you get your work done. We have early birds and night owls across different time zones so do your work when you want, where you want. No one will be micromanaging you. We trust you to meet your deadlines.
Free Products!: We love our products and we want you to love them too! All employees get unlimited free products for their personal use.
Fitness/Wellness: Corporate discounts for memberships (gyms, yoga, etc.).