Product Development Manager
Disruptive Enterprises, LLC is committed to making innovative new foods, beverages, dietary supplements, and medical foods accessible to help more people realize the benefits of a ketogenic (low-carb/high-fat) diet.
Through our subsidiary operating companies, Disruptive Nutrition, KetoLogic, and FBOMB we conduct research, develop intellectual property, and formulate, market, and distribute consumer packaged goods designed to help people live healthier, happier lives.
At Disruptive Enterprises, we have the best of both worlds: great people and great products. We are looking for a highly motivated, results driven individual who shares our company values to join our team of professionals and drive our business forward
The Product Development Manager will help drive the entire PD process from initial ideation and market analysis through the complete commercialization and optimization of COGS, ending with a successful integration and hand-off to operations. You will apply this process to new products in current categories as well as to new categories of low-carb high-fat foods and dietary supplements.
Your specific education / skillset in food science and safety, along with proficient project management, will play a critical role in helping create shelf stable food products that improve human lives. Together, we will create low-carb, on-the-go JERF (Just Eat Real Foods) products for FBOMB and highly accessible, keto macro compliant food products and dietary supplements for KetoLogic. Your passion for details and creativity will allow you to be an important driving force to launching many new successful products.
- Bachelor’s degree required in food science or related field
- 1-3 years of product development / project management experience required
- Experience in cross-functional team environment
- Perform market analysis for innovative new product profiles and assess how we can differentiate or improve a category. Work with sales to determine the initial size of chosen category.
- Compile market analysis details in product dossiers highlighting key product attributes, with initial COGS and margin data. Present this info to the executive team in strategic product reviews for decision to move forward.
- Build the timelines to launch and follow up closely with all team members and suppliers to ensure product launches are on time and within budget. Find creative ways of resolving any roadblocks that may threaten any product launches.
- Perform on-site taste evaluations of all new products with the executive team and gather detailed feedback for improvements. Work with suppliers to make needed changes until approved and then provide approved retains to the Quality Department.
- Review new product printed packaging for required PD-supplied information about the products (i.e. Supplement / Nutrition Facts, sizing, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: We pay top dollar for top talent. We’ll consider your experience and everything you bring to the table to offer you a competitive salary.
Health: We offer company health (medical, dental, vision) insurance plans
Retirement Planning: 401(k) with company match
Paid Time Off: Paid vacation! Paid holidays! Paid sick days!
Paid Parking: If you work at our downtown Durham location, you’ll get a monthly pass for parking. If you occasionally park downtown, we’ll reimburse you for parking expenses.
Cool Digs: Modern and sleek open-floor office on the top floor of a downtown Durham high-rise (with amazing views)!
Super Flexible Work Hours: Come and go as you please as long as you get your work done. We have early birds and night owls across different time zones so do your work when you want, where you want. No one will be micromanaging you. We trust you to meet your deadlines.
Free Products: We love our products and we want you to love them too! All employees get unlimited free products for their personal use.
Fitness/Wellness: Corporate discounts for memberships (gyms, yoga, etc.).