Head of Content Marketing (Ecommerce)
KetoLogic and FBOMB, subsidiary companies of Low Carb High Fat LLC is looking for a experienced Head of SEO & Content Marketing with a proven track record in driving organic traffic in ecommerce at scale.
As the owner of content, you'll be responsible for developing and executing a data-driven best-in-class content strategy and playbook to meet DTC revenue targets and KPIs.
You have an extremely solid understanding of SEO and content analytics. You know how to create content that not only ranks, but delights customers, and leads to relationships, education, and ultimately, conversions.
You understand customer lifecycle marketing as much as you understand content strategy, and how to prioritize experiments and projects for maximum impact.
You'll manage a team of freelance writers, editors, videographers, and UX and graphic designers to ideate, systemize, create, curate, promote and optimize written, video, audio and visual content.
- Craft an onsite blog content strategy that encompasses content at all stages of the funnel, and includes search-forward content, viral content and customer lifecycle content.
- Identify topics, keywords, and angles to lead a team of freelance and contract content writers, editors and producers to rapidly scale inbound traffic and engagement.
- Strategize, develop and execute website, social, copy, and email content strategy to attract, educate and convert leads into customers.
- Lead the freelance and internal content teams to produce high volumes of actionable, educational, and relevant content optimized for search and UX.
- Optimize existing and new content for search and user experience, maintaining and refreshing content as necessary.
- Repurpose written blog content across channels and platforms including video, social media, paid, email, and experimental channels.
- Establish aggressive growth targets for organic customer and lead acquisition and set up a growth plan to reach the targets.
- Maintain content standards to ensure all content is on-brand, and follows a consistent brand voice and style to reach company goals and revenue targets.
- Compile and analyze content performance data and make recommendations to existing channel managers based on the outcomes; ideate and implement an A/B testing strategy to identify opportunities for optimization. Make data-driven decisions about the channel, such as publishing frequency, creative direction and testing strategy.
- Collect and utilize customer data to improve customer acquisition via content, increase engagement, and improve customer education and retention
- Develop a content marketing and editorial playbook including content creation, distribution, optimization, lead generation, and email acquisition.
- 5+ years experience in a content marketing or similar role preferably with high-growth ecommerce brands.
- 3+ years of experience in SEO and SEM with demonstrable results
- 1-2 years of leadership experience, managing, training, and hiring agencies, writers, and creative resources
- Demonstrated track record leading best-in-class content teams in the execution of large-scale content marketing calendars and initiatives to drive impressive growth.
- Bonus points for prior experience working within high-growth start-up environments.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strategic: You’re okay with putting forward disruptive questions and points of view for the greater good. You’re relentlessly curious and continuously pulling at threads to find the best answer, weighing both short-term and longer-term implications of any decision to consider the interests of all stakeholders.
- Orchestrator: You orchestrate teams and resources to move projects forward on a deadline, making sure all of the moving pieces are in place, and getting the best out of people while you do it.
- Creative: You’re a data-driven creative. You understand marketing psychology and have an intuitive sense of great, high converting creative, but you love to perform A/B tests to get down to the truth.
- Attention to detail: Detail matters and you know it - especially in content.
- Analytical: You’re data-driven and strategic, and you’re passionate about going deeper than the numbers. What qualitative picture does the data paint?
Location: Durham, NC or remote
Salary: We pay top dollars for top talent. We’ll consider your experience and everything you bring to the table to offer you a competitive salary.
Health: We offer company health (medical, dental, vision) insurance plans
Retirement Planning: 401(k) with company match
Paid Time Off: Paid vacation! Paid holidays! Paid sick days!
Paid Parking: If you work at our downtown Durham location, you’ll get a monthly pass for parking. If you occasionally park downtown, we’ll reimburse you for parking expenses.
Cool Digs: Modern and sleek open-floor office on the top floor of a downtown Durham high-rise (with amazing views)!
Super Flexible Work Hours: Come and go as you please as long as you get your work done. We have early birds and night owls across different time zones so do your work when you want, where you want. No one will be micromanaging you. We trust you to meet your deadlines.
Free Products!: We love our products and we want you to love them too! All employees get unlimited free products for their personal use.
Fitness/Wellness: Corporate discounts for memberships (gyms, yoga, etc.).